CDP Tutorials, Guides and Examples
These links take you directly to the main HTML document for each
tutorial or guide. Tutorials without links are available in hard copy.
Introduction to the CDP System
Technical / Set-up
Introduction to the CDP Programs
- Get Started with CDP in
12 Steps by Archer Endrich
- A beginner's introduction to CDP processes, using a Graphic User Interface.
- CDP-LITE by Archer Endrich
- 45 basic CDP functions introduced on 2 levels
- A Keyhole View of the CDP
System by Archer Endrich (2005)
- Describes key areas of the CDP System up to Release 5
- The Sound Loom & CDP (pdf format) by Trevor Wishart
- A survey of the Sound Loom GUI, set in the context of practical compositional objectives.
CDP Sound Design Illustrations
Introducing the various demo materials
- Dice Demo
- Step-by-step illustration of how six fairly complex sounds have been created
- CDP Tour Examples
- A brief tour of 9 categories of CDP processes, with explanations of how the results are achieved.
- Sound-Builder Templates
- Six multi-process batch-file examples (Windows / OS X)
- Links to Workshops
- CDP website introduction to the Workshops with links for downloading
- About Tutorial Workshop 1 (pdf format)
- Workshop 1 is designed for new CDP users and shows how to use over 150 functions
- About Tutorial Workshop 2 (pdf format)
- Workshop 2(a): Composing with CDP Texture (21 examples)
Workshop 2(b): Transposition, Shifting and (pitch trace) Combinations
'Groucho' Time-Domain Processing
- A Drunk Tutorial
by Archer Endrich, with 6 worked examples
- For TEXTURE, see the Texture Workshop Composing with the CDP Texture Programs by Archer Endrich.
- A GrainMill
Tutorial by Philippos Theocharidis
- Comprehensive introduction and tutorial for this powerful graphic program (PC systems only)
- GrainMill Examples
by Richard Dobson
- Various examples which illustrate very precise aural effects
- A Big One
GrainMill example by Archer Endrich
- A vocal sound is expanded by timing breakpoint files to the syllables of the text.
Special Help for SoundLoom
Return to Main Index